Piezo Assist Stage
What is Piezo Assist Stage?
Piezo Assist Stage is a manual stage where its fine positioning resolution is 20 nanometer while the coarse positioning range can be several millimeters to 13 millimeters. The Piezo Assist Stage is mainly used for positioning table or jig or for controlling very precise and very small load in application like nano indentation. The Piezo Assist Stage is compact in size and user friendly.
|Model Name||Table Size||Coarse Movement||Fine Movement||Fine Movement
|Price in yen|
|MTPA-2251SPA||25×25mm||±3mm||25µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,250|
|MTPA-2251SRPA||25×25mm||±3mm||25µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,250|
|MTPA-2251SRZPA||25×25mm||±3mm||25µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,250|
|MTPA-2251SZPA||25×25mm||±3mm||25µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,250|
|MTPA-2401SPA||40×40mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,800|
|MTPA-2401SRPA||40×40mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,800|
|MTPA-2401SRZPA||40×40mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,800|
|MTPA-2401SZPA||40×40mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||74,800|
|MTPA-2601SPA||60×60mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||77,000|
|MTPA-2601SRPA||60×60mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||77,000|
|MTPA-2601SRZPA||60×60mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||77,000|
|MTPA-2601SZPA||60×60mm||±6.5mm||30µm & above||Below20nm||Side||77,000|
The operating principles of Piezo Assist Stage
<Configuration of equipment>
In each of the X-axis and the Y-axis, Piezo Assist Stage has the micrometer as coarse adjustment mechanism, and the Piezo Assist mechanism as the fine adjustment mechanism. The Piezo Assist Stage, a fine adjustment mechanism equipment, is for precise positioning or precise force control. The precise positioning and precise force control can be obtained by elongation and shrinkage of the piezoelectric actuator. At coarse adjustment mechanism, the adjustable linear motion range is 13mm, with a resolution of 10 micrometer. At fine adjustment mechanism, the adjustable linear motion range is 35 micrometers, with a resolution of 20 nanometer. Precise positioning that needs resolution of nanometer is possible.
<Precise positioning with coarse adjustment mechanism>
Precise positioning with coarse adjustment mechanism can be realized by turning the micrometer knob.
<Precise positioning at fine adjustment mechanism>
Precise positioning at fine adjustment mechanism adjust by elongation and shrinkage of the piezo actuator. While the voltage is applied to the piezo actuator, in proportion to the voltage, the piezo actuator elongates or shrinks. Precise positioning at nanometer level is realize by controlling the voltage applied to the piezo actuator.
Table Size 25x25mm
Table Size 40x40mm
Table Size 60x60mm
Piezo Assist Stage application examples
- Auto focusing
- Confocal microscopes
- Semiconductor and FPD inspection devices
- Image processors
- Laser processing
- Interferometer shape measurement
Above is an example of attaching lens
Piezo Assist Stage Controller（MTSD2001 & MTSD2003）
- Piezo Assist Stage Controller is used for fine adjustment of Piezo Assist Stage.
- 2 product types- 1 Axis(MTSD2001) and 3 Axis(MTSD2003) are available.
- When the dial knob on the controller is being rotated, voltage applied to the actuator inside the Piezo Assist Stage will change and achieve position adjustment.
- A cable dedicated to connect between the Piezo Assist Stage and Piezo Assist Stage Controller is attached with this product.
|Control axis||1 Axis||3 Axis|
|Power supply & voltage||DC6V 0.8A||DC6V 1.8A||DC6V 1.8A|
|Compatible AC adapter||US300618||US300618|
（Excluding the protrusion）
- The compatible size for DC Jack is φ4mm. Please be careful of the plug diameter during the preparation of the power supply.
- When turning OFF the power supply of the Piezo Assist Stage Controller (MTSD2001 or MTSD2003), position adjustment may occur resulting in misalignment of the fine adjustment.